McKennie set for Napoli clash after being dropped from USMNT squad
Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri has confirmed that Weston McKennie will be included in Bianconeri’s starting line-up for the game against Napoli on Saturday despite being dropped from the USMNT squad this week.
The midfielder was sent back to Italy ahead of
’s World Cup qualifying game with
after breaching COVID-19 protocols.
has said McKennie will feature in this weekend's Serie A clash.
He said at a press conference:
"McKennie is fine and will be in the first XI, we will see in what role. Federico Chiesa will stay at home as a precaution.
"Tomorrow we have the ideal line-up to play against Napoli. In moments of difficulty we have to pull out something more to get out of it."
McKennie has faced a lot of criticism in his homeland for disregarding the team's restrictions.
has said the 23-year-old will return to the squad, telling reporters:
"Me and Weston had long conversations. He's a guy that I care for deeply.
"He's a big part of the team and I'm sure when he's performing well he'll be back on the team."
McKennie has scored five goals in 34 appearances for Juventus since his move from Schalke last year.
DISCLAIMER! Sportmob does not claim ownership of any of the pictures posted on this website. Again, we do not host pictures or videos ourselves. Our authors merely link to the rightful owner. Lastly, Sportmob have carefully considered and reviewed all of its content. Despite that, it is possible that some information might be out-dated or incomplete.