Awesome Facts About Diego Maradona You Probably Did not Know
We will know lots of incredible facts about Diego Maradona, the best footballer of all time.
Diego Maradona has without a doubt become famous as perhaps the best player ever to play the sport of football, however, discussion encompassed his profession, and he was one of the most infamous football players at any point seen, just as one of the most celebrated.
The Argentinian icon started his football in his country, where his victories resulted in a transition toBarcelona
, however, his move was not even close as effective as that of Lionel Messi, his countryman, and otherworldly successor.
He had an altogether unique story inNapoli
, where he earned love or his accomplishment in national tournaments where he netted 34 goals in 91 matches and won the 1986 World Cup practically without any assistance.
In any event, he has stopped individuals in their tracks away from the pitch, which is astonishing given his ability. He was frequently contentious, had well-publicized drug addiction troubles, and nearly killed himself due to his terrible lifestyle choices.
On November 10, 2001, Diego Armando Maradona played his final memorial game in Buenos Aires. He played in front of nostalgic supporters, with friends of the renowned athlete running around the pitch, allowing him to experience one last glimpse of greatness.
Maradona's tribute was magnificent, with giants like Hristo Stoichkov and Eric Cantona in attendance, fitting for a player who was once regarded as the finest on the world.
Maradona used to fly past opponents with ease, but at 41, he was overweight, had bad knees and lower legs, and had been battling drug addiction for over two decades.
This time, his opponents played along, going to one side as he passed. He scored twice that day, both penalties against Higuita, who obliged his old friend by taking a risk. Following the two goals, Higuita and Maradona hugged each other.
As the world mourns the death of one of the greatest footballers of all time, Sportmob compiles a list of Awesome facts about Diego Maradona.
Awesome facts about Diego Maradona you probably did not know
What follows, is a list of top amazing facts about the iconic Argentina footballer
Here are the most interesting facts about Diego Maradona:
- Diego Maradona was born on the edges of Buenos Aires on October 30, 1960.
- Maradona capped 91 times forArgentina
and scored 34 goals.
- He featured in 4 FIFA World Cup competitions for Argentina.
- He assisted Boca Juniors to earn the title in 1982 preceding making a transition to Barcelona. Yet, he moved to Napoli in 1984 and assisted them to win their two Serie A championship in 1987 and 1990.
- He captained his national team on 16 games and holds the record for showing up as skipper of any nation in the FIFA World Cup.
- Altogether, be that as it may, Maradona featured in World Cup competitions 21 times.
- He made his first expert introduction to the football on October 20, 1976, forArgentinos Juniors
when he was 15.
- In Japan, Maradona was a member of the Argentina team that earned the 1979 Youth World Cup.
- In Buenos Aires, On February 27, 1977, Diego Maradona made his first global presentation against Hungary in the Bombonera arena at age 16.
- One of the
cool facts about Diego Maradona
is that he sniffed cocaine on the pitch. Reportedly this occurrence happened following he scored the triumphant goal in a worldwide All-Star game in Pasadena a month after the finish of the 1986 World Cup. While celebrating he sniffed something off his hand which is accepted to be cocaine.
- Maradona holds the record for enduring the most number of fouls during the 1986 World Cup with 53 times.
- He additionally holds the record for the most number of fouls endured in one match, in 1982 againstItaly
where they fouled him 23 times.
- Maradona captained Argentina to win World Cup in 1986, defeating West Germany 3-2 in the last game.
- Maradona additionally earned the Golden Ball award for being the competition's remarkable player.
- One of the
fun facts about Diego Maradona
is that he scored with his hand againstEngland
in the quarter-final of the 1986 World Cup. At the point when he was asked about the goal, he stated it was the hand of God.
- In 1987, He earned Serie A title with Napoli, an accomplishment that would be rehashed in 1990. In 1989 He likewise won the UEFA Cup.
- Maradona played just two matches and scored once in the 1994 World Cup as he was sent home subsequent to a doping test.
- In 1989 Diego married Claudia Villafane, however, he parted ways with his
in 2004 in Buenos Aires.
- One of the fun facts about Diego Maradona is that he began featuring a Television program on Argentinian TV called, La Noche del 10 In 2005. Surprisingly regardless of their contention, Pele was his guest on his absolute first show and they showed no signs of the rivalry on the show and even enjoyed a game of head tennis.
- in October 2008, He was hired as the director of Argentina's national team.
- He won the first game debut as manager on November 19, 2008, againstScotland
. On that day, his side took on Scotland at Hampden Park and emerged successful with a 1-0 triumph.
- Maradona criticized the Jabulani ball On June 22, 2010, stating: "I would request that all FIFA chiefs quit discussing me and to begin taking a shot at having a legitimate football. This ball is futile. It's difficult to control."
- In a public interview preceding the primary knockout round in the 2010 World Cup, Maradona hopped over the boundary to hug his previous Napoli friend Salvatore Bagni. Following that welcome, Bagni stated: "In any event, knowing him as I have done every one of these years, Diego consistently plans something for shocking you."
- Maradona eagerly safeguarded Lionel Messi after Argentina losing againstGermany
in the 2010 World Cup when he stated: "Anybody saying he didn't have an incredible World Cup is stupid."
- In 2006, the previous teammate Jorge Valdano said of him: "He is somebody numerous individuals need to imitate, a questionable figure, adored, hated, who blends extraordinary change, particularly in Argentina. Focusing on his own life is nonsense. Maradona has transformed his life into a show, and is presently carrying on an individual trial that ought not to be imitated."
- His performances actually had the Argentina number 10 shirt retired as the Argentine Football Association put in a solicitation to FIFA to retire the No.10 shirt to pay tribute to Maradona. However, The solicitation was denied. and it's perhaps true to claim that Lionel Messi was delighted with that result.
- Estadio Diego Armando Maradona is the name of Argentinos Juniors arena after Maradona.
- In the 1986 World Cup, in the wake of winning against England Maradona stated: "Maybe we had beaten a nation, something other than a football team."
- In 1996 Maradona honestly confessed: "I was, I am and I generally will be a drug addict. An individual who engages in drugs needs to battle it consistently."
- FIFA planned to have a player of the century prize for the new thousand years in 2000. After in the end conclude that Maradona and Pele would share the honor, Pele stated: "In the event that he believes he's the best player of the century that is only his concern."
- "Maradona and 10 others." is what Argentina director Carlos Bilardo said while faced the question to name his XI in 1990.
- From 2005 to 2006 he was the sports vice-president ofBoca Juniors
- Emir Kusturica is the Serbian movie producer who has made a narrative documentary about Diego Maradona, which showed at the Cannes Film Festival in 2008 for the first time.
- One of the fun facts about Diego Maradona is how Sir Bobby Robson hailed him in 1986 : "Arsenal could have won the World Cup With Maradona."
- In 1978, the England iconic defender Phil Neal said of an 18-year-old Maradona: " he is simply mind-boggling, he is the best I have ever observed."
- In 1998, Maradona Fans founded a "Church of Maradona" in Buenos Aires.
- In the quarter-final of the World Cup in 1986, he scored the goal of the century. Maradona's second goal againstEngland
where he dribbles past England defenders and Peter Shilton to make the score 2-0.
- Maradona has a copy manikin in the French show 'Les guignols de l'info'.
- In 1991, Diego needed to leave Napoli in the wake of failing a drug test for cocaine.
- The Argentine rejected the invitation to the opening festival of the 2006World Cup
, stating: "I'm not here to take a gander at ridiculous Pele strolling around."
- In a progressing war of words with Pele, the Brazilian contended during Maradona's rule as Argentina national team chief: "However it isn't Maradona's mistake. It is the deficiency of whoever put him there." Diego hit back after, stating: "Pele ought to return to the historical center of the museum. What's more, remain there."
- Italian authorities uncovered in 2009 that Maradona owes them €37 million.
- Maradona arrived at the midpoint of 0.52 goals per game in local club tournaments.
- He is the 5th-best with the most goals for Argentina, behindMessi
, and Crespo.
- The Tartan Army, the Scottish fan team have a serenade in appreciation of Maradona for eliminating their neighbors from the 1986 World Cup.
- "Footballers have all got square feet. They resemble Robocops, they have more need of grease than kneading. I don't accept the competition could be more terrible." Diego expressed about World Cup 1998.
- In 2006, The Intergovernmental Institution for the Use of Spirulina Against Malnutrition selected Maradona as its Goodwill Ambassador.
- "Maradona is our most extreme term of reference. Nobody encapsulates our quintessence better. Nobody bears our image all the more respectably. To no other, over the most recent 20 years, have we presented such a lot of energy. Argentina is Maradona, Maradona is Argentina." An Argentinian analyst and writer Gustavo Bernstein noted In a book on Maradona in 1997.
- Maradona is the main player throughout the entire existence of football to have broken the move fee record twice.
- One of the cool facts about Diego Maradona is that Paolo Maldini and Franco Baresi described him as the hardest player they had ever played against.
- Maradona and Messi are the main footballers to have earned the Golden Ball award at both the FIFA U-20 World Cup and FIFA World Cup.
- He visited Ali Bin Nasser, the Tunisian referee who refereed the game where Diego netted two goals against England in 1986 and paid tribute by showing a signed Argentine shirt On August 17, 2015.
- He distributed his personal history naming "Yo Soy El Diego" In 2000. the name signifies "I am the Diego." and donated the book to Cuban people.
- Maradona was granted for his commitment to sports by Argentine-based Konex Foundation conceded him the Diamond Konex Award in 1990. It is one of the most renowned social honors in Argentina.
- "I did it with the hand of reason." He stated in the wake of the crushing a reporter's vehicle for being meddlesome.
- "He is a defective superstar who has now become a master who is imperfect." Bob Wilson said of Maradona.
- He dribbled past goalkeeper Agustin and defender Juan Jose ahead of opening goal In a match against Real Madrid and He was praised by the rival fans. This is one of only barely players to have gotten such applause.
- Maradona, Giordano, and Careca formed the magic Napoli trio and assisted them to lift their second Serie A title in 1989-90. They were known as the 'Mama Gi-Ca'
- One of the cool facts about Diego Maradona is that during his time as head coach, in World Cup qualifiers Argentina equaled their most noticeably terrible ever loss by losing 6-1 toBolivia
. This prompted Maradona taking a considerable lot of analysis and criticism. Maradona would not take criticism well, In the wake of accumulating a great deal of analysis and criticism from the Argentinian fans during the 2010 Word Cup, Maradona ensured they secured their place in South Africa. Afterward, He broadly advised the Argentina boo young men to "suck it" and "continue sucking it." Furthermore, FIFA restricted him for two months as when his team qualified for the competition.
- 17-year-old Maradona didn't make the 1978 World Cup group as by then-mentor Cesar Luis Menotti was viewed as excessively youthful.
- One of the cool facts about Diego Maradona is that the specialists at the Azteca Stadium manufactured a statue of him scoring the Goal of the Century and put it at the entrance of the arena as a tribute to Maradona's greatness.
- lawfully, Diego has fathered two kids."My genuine children are Dalma and Giannina. The rest are the results of my cash and mistakes." He once confessed about parenthood.
- Maradona gave a signed shirt having a message of assistance to the individuals in Iran, and it is shown in the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs In December 2007.
- "I asked myself, 'Who is he? Who is this footballing legend, this Sex Pistol of global football, this cocaine victim who left the trouble behind, looked like Falstaff and was as powerless as spaghetti?' Maradona is somewhere in the range close by Marilyn Monroe and Mao Tse-Tung. I'm persuaded that on the off chance that he wasn't soccer player, he'd've gotten a revolutionary." Kusturica once said of Maradona.
- Maradona was highlighted as a legendary player in Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 and FIFA 18.
- Regardless of the contention among Argentina and BrazilDiego Costa
was named out of appreciation for "Diego" Maradona.
- Diego was featured in the music video "Waka" by Shakira to the 2010 World Cup where he was lifting the 1986 World Cup.
- One of the
facts about Diego Maradona
is that he has a tattoo of Che Guevara. He has declared that the entirety of his tattoos means everything to him, he stated once: "I convey Guevara on my arm and in my heart. I took in his story; I figured out how to cherish him. I think I know reality with regard to him.
- It is of extraordinarily significant to take note of that Maradona's
was not just comprised of money of the sport.
How did Diego Maradona die?
Diego Maradona, the Argentine football icon, died On 2 November 2020. El Diego died after suffering a heart attack. Meanwhile, the President Claudio Tapia, expressed great sympathies tweeting: "You will always be in our hearts,"
Alberto Fernandez declared 3 days of the mourning period for the legend's death and wrote a tribute on Twitter to Maradona: "You took us to the top of the world. You made us feel unbelievably happy. You were the greatest of all. Thank you for having existed," To say farewell to their icon, fans filled the streets throughout Argentina and in Naples that day.
In the meantime, UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin announed a minute's of silence to be held in memory of him ahead of all European games for a week. He added: "Maradona will go down in history as someone who set football alight and delighted fans young and old with his creativity and skill,"
Maradona's family allowed an examination to ascertain the official cause of his death. Maradona was taken, apparently for mental issues, to a hospital in La Plata a month ahead of his death. Dieguito's agent even said his illness was not extreme yet he received an urgent brain surgery a day later. In the wake of a good operation, he left the hospital two weeks later. However, Maradona died of a cardiac arrest on 25 November 2020, at the age of 60, at his home in Tigre, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
for thelatest football news
DISCLAIMER! Sportmob does not claim ownership of any of the pictures posted on this website. Again, we do not host pictures or videos ourselves. Our authors merely link to the rightful owner. Lastly, Sportmob have carefully considered and reviewed all of its content. Despite that, it is possible that some information might be out-dated or incomplete.