logo

US judge dismisses rape lawsuit against Cristiano Ronaldo

Sat 11 June 2022 | 17:42

A US judge has dismissed the Las Vegas rape lawsuit against Portugues Manchester United star.

Kathryn Mayorga has lost her bid in a U.S. court to force

Cristiano Ronaldo

to pay her millions of dollars. She previously received $375,000 in a confidentiality agreement after alleging he raped her in Las Vegas in 2009. Ronaldo has always denied this allegation.

U.S. District Judge Jennifer Dorsey in Las Vegas kicked the case out of court on Friday. The judge claimed that Mayorga’s attorney, Leslie Mark Stovall, had shown "bad-faith conduct" and the use of "purloined" confidential documents that the judge said tainted the case beyond redemption.

"I find that the procurement and continued use of these documents was bad faith, and simply disqualifying Stovall will not cure the prejudice to Ronaldo because the misappropriated documents and their confidential contents have been woven into the very fabric of [plaintiff Kathryn] Mayorga's claims.”

the ruling said.

In a statement released in October 2018, Ronaldo said:

"I firmly deny the accusations being issued against me. Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in."

Th judge said in her 42-page order that

Manchester United

star had been harmed by Stovall's conduct in this case.

Mayorga could appeal the decision to the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco.


source: SportMob

DISCLAIMER! Sportmob does not claim ownership of any of the pictures posted on this website. Again, we do not host pictures or videos ourselves. Our authors merely link to the rightful owner. Lastly, Sportmob have carefully considered and reviewed all of its content. Despite that, it is possible that some information might be out-dated or incomplete.