logo

FC Köln deny rumors of Jonas Hector early career exit

Thu 25 February 2021 | 16:22

FC Köln sporting managing director Horst Heldt resolutely opposes rumors of Jonas Hector's resignation due to consistent injury problems and sees no reason to worry about the 30-year-old.

Asked whether he is worried that

FC Köln

captain will be forced to hang up his boots sooner than it expected, Heldt told the Express:

"No, I'm not. There have been no signs it is going to happen, and I can't see any reasons why it should. Jonas has a contract until 2023, and we assume that he will fulfill it."

Heldt told the Express

.

Former Germany international has only made 11 appearances so far this season and he is now on the sideline due to a thigh injury.

"We know what the problem is. He wasn't in training today, but we hope to get him fit again soon,"

said Heldt on Wednesday

.


source: SportMob