logo
My Profile

Coutinho is going to pass three months out of pitch

Sat 02 January 2021 | 14:32

The midfielder was injured during the play and he will not be able to play for Barcelona for a-three-months after his surgery.

Philippe Coutinho

, Brazilian, is not able to play for

Barcelona

for 3 months from now after picking up a knock during the match against

Eibar

on December 29.

Chronological pain of his left meniscus has obliged him to go under the knife.

However, it has been said that the operation had been successful and the midfielder will be back to pitch in approximately 3 months from now.

He left the pitch with a picked injury in the added time and left

Koeman

's side as the match resulted in a 1-1 draw.

As a result of this injury, the 28-years-old was added to the Camp Nuo injured players including Gerard Pique, Sergi Roberto, and Ansu Fati.

Back from Bayern Munich, 2019-20 campaign on loan, Coutinho was now balancing with Barcelona and scored three goals this season.

Koeman said:

“It’s a bit unlucky because we have so many players out injured. Philippe, he will be around three months out injured.

“He has always been an important player and will be again. Now he has to recover and I don’t know when he will be 100 per cent.

“It’s an important absence. Up front we are having some problems and now we have to see how we can solve Philippe’s absence.”

He also added:

“If I'm realistic, the title is very complicated. Nothing is impossible, but you have to recognise the distance.

“Atletico seem to me to be very good, very strong. They don't concede many goals.”

 


source: SportMob