LaLiga continues for now, but behind closed doors with no fans permitted to attend the matches.
As decided by Spanish authorities, all matches in LaLiga and also Segunda Division will be played behind closed doors with no fans present for the next two weeks as a measure to keep out the coronavirus.
The decision was made after a meeting early Tuesday and then the league officials were informed.
In a statement, LaLiga said it "will stay in constant contact with the Ministry of Health and CSD (High Council of Sport) to learn their recommendations and/or decisions" going forward.
The measures will probably take effect before Tuesday's LaLiga match between Eibar and Real Sociedad at Ipurua.
Osasuna had earlier suspended ticket sales for the game against Sociedad on Sunday, with a message on their website telling fans to await further updates.
It is as Barcelona officials have already announced that Barca's second leg against Napoli in the Champions League last-16 will be held behind closed doors next week.
However, as of early on Tuesday, there were no plans to hold Liverpool's match with Atletico Madrid at Anfield this Wednesday without fans present.
So far, LaLiga matches that have been decided to be played behind closed doors are Sevilla-Real Betis, Atletico Madrid-Athletic Bilbao, Real Madrid-Valencia at Real's home and Barca's matches against Real Mallorca and Leganes.
Joris Evers, LaLiga's chief communications officer, said on Twitter: "Health is paramount. As a preventive measure, LaLiga Santander and LaLiga SmartBank will be played behind closed doors the coming two weeks (as will all sporting competitions and events in Spain)."
As of Monday, the number of confirmed corona positive cases in Spain reached 1024, which is almost twice as much as the number reported on Sunday. Among these people 28 have died.
And only in Madrid, the number of positive cases has been reported to be 782. In Basque County, all schools and universities have shut down in a measure to stop the further spread of the virus.