Napoli to face Barca behind closed doors due to coronavirus worries
As the coronavirus worries continue to soar, the Champions League last-16 second leg between Barcelona and Napoli is decided to be played behind closed doors.
The regional government of Catalonia had already recommended on Monday that the match would be played on March 18 with no fans present at Camp Nou.
The decision was confirmed by Barca following a meeting between club officials and members of the government of Catalonia, including secretary general of sport Gerard Figueras.
Public health secretary Joan Guix said on Tuesday: "This is a decision that has been taken strictly for health reasons."
This announcement comes after Italian government suspended all sporting events until April 3 as part of a measure to combat the further spread of the coronavirus.
Prime Minister, Giuseppe Conte, said on Monday that all of Italy's citizens would be restricted from travel barring only that which is essential for work, health reasons or emergencies.
As already stated by the Italian Prime Minister, Giuseppe Conte, no travels abroad are allowed in Italy except for work, health and emergency ones.
It has also been confirmed that two matches in the Champions League, namely Atalanta-Valencia match at Mestalla on Tuesday and PSG-Dortmund on Wednesday, will be played behind closed doors in accordance with the recent measures against the coronavirus.