Premier League summer transfer window of 2020-21
The transfer window gives the top clubs in the world the chance to seek and catch the players they have had an eye on for a while and there is no doubt that the summer transfer window is much more important for them to seize their chance.
The Premier League summer transfer window of 2020-21 was a busy one as before, despite many thought it would be different due to the pandemic of the COVID-19.
In this article, we have decided to take a look at the list of the Premier League 2020-21 completed transfers, but before that, let’s go through some facts about the premier league summer transfers.
Everything about Premier League summer transfer window of 2020-21
Let’s start by answering some questions.
What is the transfer window?
There is no doubt that the players do no play their whole professional life, only for one club, unless they want to do so! Many players get transferred over and over again till they get retired and they use the transfer windows to move to their new clubs.
A transfer window is a period during the year in which a football club can transfer players from other clubs to theirs.
You Might Also Like: Premier League Top Goal Scorers of All-Time
The history of the transfer window
There were no signs of a transfer window before the 1990s.
Before being brought into compulsory effect by FIFA during the 2002–03 season, something like today’s transfer window was used in many European leagues.
In fact, to improve teams' stability and to prevent agents from searching for deals all year round, English football was initially suggested such a plan in the early 1990s.
But it took years for the proposal to become compulsory. These days there is a rule for the transfer window, though the exact regulations and possible exceptions are established by each competition's governing body.
The usual time of the transfer window!
Usually the Premier League summer transfer window opens on 11 June and has to be over on the Thursday before the start of the season, though in other leagues it finishes 2 weeks after the beginning of the new season.
You Might Also Like: Best premier league goalkeepers ever
Time of the 2020-21 EPL summer transfer window
Due to the extension of the 2019/20 Premier League season because of the coronavirus outbreak, the time of the Premier League summer transfer window of 2020-21 has been shifted this season, for clubs to buy and sell their chosen players, from 27 July to 5 October, with 10 weeks of duration.
The time was chosen due to the Premier League clubs' vote. It also has to be mentioned that the additional domestic window between Premier League and EFL runs from October 5-16.
Now that we know about the Premier League, we have to mention that the Scottish transfer window is also on a run and it has been opened since July 14, with the season being started from August 1.
Now we know that the summer transfer window gives Premier League clubs the chance to sell and purchase players they may like and we have answered some related questions, it is time to go through the list of the Premier League summer transfer window of 2020-21 done deals and premier league transfer rumors in 2020.
We just have to mention that according to the Premier League official website, these deals, loan or permanent, announced by clubs below may still be subject to international clearance and/or administrative details before they can be confirmed.
Premier League summer transfers of 2020
Here is the list of the transferred players in the Premier League summer transfer window of 2020-21. Let’s start with Arsenal.
- Willian (Chelsea) Free
- George Lewis (Fram Larvik)
- Tim Akinola (Huddersfield) Free
- Salah-Eddine (Feyenoord) Free
- Jonathan Dinzeyi (Tottenham Hotspur) Free
- Pablo Mari, pictured right (Flamengo)
- Cedric Soares, pictured left (Southampton)
- Tobi Omole (Released)
- Matthew Dennis (Released)
- Dinos Mavropanos (Stuttgart) Loan
- Zech Medley (Gillingham) Loan
- Zak Swanson (MVV Maastricht) Loan
- Trae Coyle (Gillingham) Loan
- Matt Smith (Swindon Town) Loan
- Jordi Osei-Tutu (Cardiff City) Loan
You Might Also Like: Serie A 2020 Summer Transfers
- Ross McCormack (Released)
- Callum O'Hare (Released)
- Jack Birch (Released)
- Anton Hooper (Released)
- Colin Odutayo (Released)
- Dimitri Sea (Released)
- Jamie Searle (Released)
- Matija Sarkic (Wolves) Free
- James Chester (Stoke) Free
Brighton & Hove Albion
- Jensen Weir (Wigan)
- Adam Lallana (Liverpool) Free
- Joel Veltman (Ajax)
- Lars Dendoncker (Club Brugge)
- Leon Balogun (Wigan)
- Archie Davies (Released)
- Lewis Freestone (Released)
- George Cox (Fortuna Sittard)
- Anthony Knockaert (Fulham)
- Beram Kayal (Released)
- Percy Tau (Anderlecht) Loan
- Jan Mlakar (Maribor) Loan
- Warren O'Hora (MK Dons) Loan
- Taylor Richards (Doncaster) Loan
- Martin Montoya (Real Betis)
- Will Norris (Wolves) Details
- Marc Richter (Augsburg) Details
- Will Rickard (Free) Details
- Marcel Elva-Fountaine (Reading) Details
- Connor Barrett (Leicester) Details
- Joe Hart (Tottenham Hotspur) Free
- Jeff Hendrick (Newcastle) Free
- Adam Legzdins (Released)
- Aaron Lennon (Released)
- Oliver Younger (Released)
- Scott Wilson (Released)
- Joel Senior (Released)
- Ryan Cooney (Morecambe) Loan
- Adam Phillips (Morecambe) Loan
- Jordan Cropper (Chesterfield) Loan
- Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)
- Hakim Ziyech (Ajax)
- Josh Grant (Released)
- Marcel Lavinier (Released)
- Richard Nartey (Released)
- Pedro (Released)
- Willian (Arsenal) Free
- Danilo Pantic (Cukaricki) Loan
- Jacob Maddox (Vitoria SC)
- Jamie Cumming (Stevenage) Loan
- Trevoh Chalobah (Lorient) Loan
- Armando Broja (Vitesse Arnhem) Loan
- Nathan Ferguson (West Brom) Free
- Jake Giddings (Free) Details
- Kian Flanagan (Released)
- Dion-Curtis Henry (Released)
- Daniel Tupper (Released)
- Niels Nkounkou (Marseille) Free
- Morgan Feeney (Released)
- Alexander Denny (Released)
- Matthew Foulds (Released)
- Luke Garbutt (Released)
- Manasse Mampala (Released)
- Korede Adedoyin (Released)
- Oumar Niasse (Released)
- Cuco Martina (Released)
- Morgan Schneiderlin (Nice)
- Leighton Baines (Retired)
- Maarten Stekelenburg (Ajax) Free
- Nathangelo Markelo (FC Twente) Loan
- Kieran Dowell (Norwich City)
You Might Also Like: Top 10 Premier League Midfielders of 2020
- Antonee Robinson (Wigan)
- Cody Drameh (Leeds)
- Helder Costa (Wolves)
- Illan Meslier (Lorient)
- Jack Harrison (Man City) Loan
- Joe Gelhardt (Wigan)
- Cody Drameh (Fulham)
- Ryan Edmondson (Aberdeen) Loan
- Kun Temenuzhkov (Real Union) Loan
- Calvin Bassey (Rangers)
- Viktor Johansson (Released)
- Ryan Loft (Released)
- Connor Tee (Released)
- Daniel Iversen (OH Leuven) Loan
- Bartosz Kapustka (Legia Warsaw)
- The next team in our list of the Premier League summer transfer window of 2020-21 is Liverpool.
You Might Also Like: Top 10 Premier League Goal Scorers of 2020
- Konstantinos Tsimikas (Olympiacos)
- Daniel Atherton (Released)
- Pedro Chirivella (Nantes) Free
- Nathaniel Clyne (Released)
- Shamal George (Released)
- Jack Walls (Released)
- Dejan Lovren (Zenit)
- Adam Lallana (Brighton) Free
- Morgan Boyes (Fleetwood Town) Loan
- Pablo Moreno (Juventus)
- Ferran Torres (Valencia)
- Nathan Ake (AFC Bournemouth)
- Scott Carson (Derby County) Loan
- Ernest Agyiri (Released)
- Leroy Sane (Bayern Munich)
- Jack Harrison (Leeds) Loan
- David Silva (Real Sociedad) Free
- Claudio Bravo (Released) Details
- Lukas Nmecha (Anderlecht) Loan
- Odion Ighalo (Shanghai Shenhua) Loan
- Cameron Borthwick-Jackson (Released)
- Dion McGee (Released)
- Angel Gomes (Released)
- Ethan Hamilton (Released)
- Michael O'Hara (Released)
- Largie Ramazani (Released)
- George Tanner (Released)
- Alexis Sanchez (Inter Milan)
- Tahith Chong (Werder Bremen) Loan
- Aliou Traore (Stade Malherbe Caen) Loan
- Mark Gillespie (Motherwell) Free
- Niall Brookwell (Liverpool) Free
- Jeff Hendrick (Burnley) Free
- Luke Charman (Released)
- Jack Colback (Nottingham Forest)
- Robert Elliott (Released)
- Liam Gibson (Released)
- Nathan Harker (Released)
- Victor Fernandez (Viitorul Constanta) Free
- Jake Turner (Morecambe) Loan
- Tom Allan (Accrington Stanley) Loan
- Freddie Woodman (Swansea) Loan
- Kell Watts (Plymouth) Loan
- Wes Foderingham (Rangers) Free
- Aaron Ramsdale (AFC Bournemouth)
- Mark Duffy (Released)
- Keenan Ferguson (Released)
- Oliver Greaves (Released)
- Jake Eastwood (Kilmarnock) Loan
- Tyler Smith (Swindon Town) Loan
You Might Also Like: Best Premier League Players of 2020
- Kyle Walker-Peters (Tottenham Hotspur)
- Mohammed Salisu (Real Valladolid)
- Alexander Cull (Released)
- Mohamed Elyounoussi (Celtic) Loan
- Maya Yoshida (Released)
- Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg (Tottenham Hotspur)
- Cedric Soares (Arsenal)
- Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg (Southampton)
- Joe Hart (Burnley) Free
- Jan Vertonghen (Released)
- Michel Vorm (Released)
- Tariq Hinds (Released)
- Rayan Clarke (Released)
- Jonathan Dinzeyi (Released)
- Phoenix Patterson (Released)
- Maxwell Statham (Released)
- Maximus Tainio (Released)
- Troy Parrott (Millwall) Loan
- TJ Eyoma (Lincoln City) Loan
- Kyle Walker-Peters (Southampton)
- Armando Shashoua (Atletico Baleares)
- Luke Amos (QPR)
- Oliver Skipp (Norwich) Loan
West Bromwich Albion
- Matheus Pereira (Sporting Lisbon)
- Chris Brunt (Released)
- Finn Azaz (Cheltenham Town) Loan
- Josh Griffiths (Cheltenham Town) Loan
West Ham United
- Tomas Soucek (Slavia Prague)
- Sead Haksabanovic (IFK Norrkoping)
- Carlos Sanchez (Released)
- Pablo Zabaleta (Released)
And last but not least, there is Wolverhampton Wanderers on our list of the Premier League summer transfer window of 2020-21.
- Matija Sarkic (Aston Villa) Free
- Jordan Graham (Released)
- Connor Johnson (Released)
- Callum Thompson (Released)
- Helder Costa (Leeds)
- Tsun Dai (Shenzhen)
- Ryan Giles (Coventry) Loan
- Elliot Watt (Bradford)
- Will Norris (Burnley)
- Morgan Gibbs-White (Swansea) Loan
This was the list of the done deals in the Premier League summer transfer window of 2020-21 so far. However, we all know that this is not the end of the premier league summer transfers of 2020, as there is still more that one week to end of the 2020-21 summer transfer window.
Premier League transfer rumors in 2020
Now that we know about all the Premier League 2020-21 completed transfers, it is time to go through the EPL transfer rumors in 2020 as many hot rumors are swirling around recently. Are you ready to know more? Let’s start then with the most exciting news for Manchester City!
Manchester City is working out if they could bid for Barcelona and Argentina forward Lionel Messi, and now it seems like the superstar is also ready to join the Citizens.
Barcelona confirmed on 25th August, that the Argentine sent a document expressing his desire to activate a release clause that would end his contract and allow him to leave for free this summer.
Barca held an emergency meeting on Tuesday to figure out the next steps, according to CBS Sports transfer insider Fabrizio Romano.
Ok time to go through the other Premier league transfer rumors in 2020…
Former Inter Milan owner Massimo Moratti believes his former club are trying to buy Messi. However, with Man City seeking for the best player of all time, it doesn’t seem to happen! Agree?
Chelsea is also planning to spend more money on its new players, than in any previous transfer window after agreeing on deals to sign Germany's 21-year-old midfielder Kai Havertz of Bayer Leverkusen and Paris St-Germain's Brazil defender Thiago Silva. It also has to be mentioned that Thiago says he will decide his future soon.
And here are the rest of the Premier League transfer rumors in 2020 according to BBC:
Chelsea could also sign French free agent Malang Sarr on a four-year deal. The 21-year-old defender left Nice this summer.
Arsenal and Spain right-back Hector Bellerin, 25, has been offered to Paris St-Germain.
Manager Mikel Arteta wants Arsenal's Dutch legend Dennis Bergkamp to return to the club as his assistant.
Ajax and Netherlands midfielder Donny van de Beek, 23, is awaiting offers from Premier League clubs.
Leeds United's interest in Argentina forward Nicolas Gonzalez, 22, is "very serious", says Stuttgart's sporting director Sven Mislintat.
Rangers' 23-year-old English winger Ryan Kent has told manager Steven Gerrard he wants to stay at the club despite interest from Leeds.
Everton has reached an agreement with Napoli to pay £31.5m for their 29-year-old Brazil midfielder Allan.
The Toffees' Italy forward Moise Kean, 20, is close to sealing a return on loan to his former club Juventus.
You Might Also Like: Top Facts about Mikel Arteta, the Young Arsenal Coach
Barcelona will terminate the contract of 33-year-old Uruguay striker Luis Suarez.
Manchester United defender Victor Lindelof, 26, has been thanked by Swedish police for catching a thief who robbed an elderly woman. Wolves are in advanced talks with Arsenal over a four-year deal for 22-year-old English full-back Ainsley Maitland-Niles.
Manchester United are ready to send Portuguese keeper Joel Pereira, 24, to Huddersfield Town on loan.
Valencia is keen on Real Madrid's 23-year-old Spanish striker Borja Mayoral.
Aston Villa manager Dean Smith said he has discussed transfer targets with new sporting director Johan Lange.
Bournemouth has made about 10 members of staff redundant.
The England football band may drop 'Rule, Britannia!' in the wake of Black Lives Matter protests.
What else do you know about the Premier League summer transfer window of 2020-21? Let us know in the comment section.