FiFA 20 Ultimate Team, Where Giants Speak!
What is FIFA 20 Ultimate Team?
If you’re new to FIFA 20 Ultimate Team, you should know that it’s a game mode where you can build your dream squad from your favorite players and stars and take on other players online. You are the manager of your own Ultimate Team, managing everything from trading cards for cash or other players and building a strong team to managing your players fitness and even injuries.
Almost any player in most major leagues around the world is available to you in FIFA 20 Ultimate Team, including legends like Pele, Beckham and Sir Bobby Moore, and today’s greatest players in the world like Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar.
By winning games online, you’ll earn coins to spend on better players and improve your team. The values of players are the same as their values in the real world, and players will also change based on the their real-life form. In other words, the forms of players in the game depends on their forms in the real world.
FIFA 20 Ultimate Team Packs
The most exciting moment in FIFA 20 Ultimate Team is when you open a pack and anxiously wait to see if you will get your hands on any rare top-tier player or not. You can buy packs with real money or with FIFA Points, which is an in-game currency you can buy again with real money.
Remember that you don’t always have to pay to buy packs. You can use FIFA Coins, which is also an in-game currency, to buy packs with. However, like many other games, if you cannot wait to build up your dream squad, then hard-earned FIFA Coins are not a good choice.
Packs are categorized from bronze to ultimate packs based on how precious are the rewards in them. Remember that the more packs you open, the higher are your chances of bringing in a top-notch player to your squad, and the higher the tier of the pack is, the higher are your chances of receiving better items and better players.
You can always buy Bronze, Silver and Gold Packs in the game’s store, but there are also promo packs released at the end of each week with extra players but they usually cost more coins or points. Some promo packs are also released in events with a higher chance of containing top-tier players and items.
Which Packs Award the Best Players?
The rarest yet the most popular packs are Jumbo Rare Players Pack and Ultimate Pack as they contain the most rare gold players. If you plan to spend on packs, these packs could be your best choices since they produce the best rewards.
Also remember that the packs that only contain players are usually more rewarding than those that are a combination of players and consumables. However, at times, mixed packs may do better than uni-player ones. It is always a good idea to check a pack odds before spending on it.
Who Are the New Players in FIFA 20 Ultimate Team?
As already mentioned, there are 88 icon players in FIFA 20 Team of the Year, of whom 15 are new. The new ones are: Carlos Alberto, John Barnes, Kenny Dalglish, Didier Drogba, Michael Essien, Garrincha, Pep Guardiola, Kaká, Ronald Koeman, Andrea Pirlo, Ian Rush, Hugo Sánchez, Ian Wright, Gianluca Zambrotta and Zinedine Zidane.
Almost all of these players have a rating higher than 90, so they are very, very rare, and you might only get them from the highest-tier pack (Ultimate Pack) with a minimal chance of 2.4%, according to goal.com.
FIFA 20 Team of the Year Players
Players and their ratings, it’s what FIFA 20 Ultimate Team is all about. Below is the list of EA’s top ten in FIFA 20 Team of the Year with their ratings:
- Sadio Mané – Liverpool (99)
- Kylian Mbappé - Paris Saint-Germain (98)
- Lionel Messi - FC Barcelona (99)
- Kevin De Bruyne - Manchester City (98)
- Frenkie de Jong - FC Barcelona (94)
- N’Golo Kanté – Chelsea (97)
- Trent Alexander-Arnold – Liverpool (95)
- Virgil van Dijk – Liverpool (99)
- Matthijs de Ligt - Piemonte Calcio (94)
- Andrew Robertson – Liverpool (94)
- Alisson – Liverpool (97)
As EA stated on FIFA 20 Team of the Year page, Cristiano Ronaldo has missed out on the Ultimate XI, but he has won the 12th Player vote and takes the final spot in the FIFA 20 Team of the Year.
FIFA 20 Team of the Year Nominees
Here is a list of players who have won the most votes to be represented as FIFA 20 TOTY nominees:
- Lionel Messi (95) – FC Barcelona
- Cristiano Ronaldo (94) – Piemonte Calcio
- Neymar Jr (93) – Paris Saint-Germain
- Eden Hazard (92) – Real Madrid
- Mohamed Salah (91) – Liverpool
- Kylian Mbappé (90) – Paris Saint-Germain
- Harry Kane (90) – Tottenham Hotspur
- Sergio Agüero (90) – Manchester City
- Sadio Mané (89) – Liverpool
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (89) – Arsenal
- Raheem Sterling (89) – Manchester City
- Karim Benzema (88) – Real Madrid
- Bernardo Silva (88) – Manchester City
- Heung Min Son (88) – Tottenham Hotspur
- Roberto Firmino (87) – Liverpool
- Kevin De Bruyne (92) – Manchester City
- Luka Modrić (91) – Real Madrid
- N’Golo Kanté (90) – Chelsea
- David Silva (89) – Manchester City
- Paulo Dybala (89) – Piemonte Calcio
- Marco Reus (89) – Borussia Dortmund
- Christian Eriksen (89) – Tottenham Hotspur
- Casemiro (88) – Real Madrid
- Marco Verratti (87) – Paris Saint-Germain
- Hakim Ziyech (86) – Ajax
- Fabinho (86) – Liverpool
- Frenkie de Jong (86) – FC Barcelona
- Dušan Tadić (85) – Ajax
- Kai Havertz (85) – Bayer 04 Leverkusen
- Georginio Wijnaldum (85) – Liverpool
- Jadon Sancho (85) – Borussia Dortmund
- Jordan Henderson (84) – Liverpool
- Virgil van Dijk (91) – Liverpool
- Kalidou Koulibaly (90) – Napoli
- Sergio Ramos (90) – Real Madrid
- Jan Vertonghen (88) – Tottenham Hotspur
- Thiago Silva (88) – Paris Saint-Germain
- Jordi Alba (88) – FC Barcelona
- Mats Hummels (88) – Borussia Dortmund
- CB: Aymeric Laporte (88) – Manchester City
- Leonardo Bonucci (87) – Piemonte Calcio
- Joshua Kimmich (87) – FC Bayern München
- Milan Škriniar (87) – Inter
- Marquinhos (87) – Paris Saint-Germain
- Alex Sandro (86) – Piemonte Calcio
- José María Giménez (86) – Atlético Madrid
- Andrew Robertson (86) – Liverpool
- Matthijs de Ligt (86) – Piemonte Calcio
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (84) – Liverpool
- Nicolás Tagliafico (83) – Ajax
- Jan Oblak (92) – Atlético Madrid
- Marc-André ter Stegen (91) – FC Barcelona
- Alisson (90) – Liverpool
- Ederson (89) – Manchester City
- André Onana (83) – Ajax
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus)
- Robert Lewandowski (Bayern München)
- Hakim Ziyech (AFC Ajax)
- Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)
- Eden Hazard (Real Madrid)
How Are FIFA TOTY Nominees Selected?
EA will introduce TOTY nominees and send the ballot boxes for voting to media, athletes and FIFA communities. Ballot recipients are to be chosen to represent the millions of FIFA players all over the world. Each team will be selected from a shortlist of 55 players, nominated by EA Sports for their real-world performance in 2019.
How is FIFA TOTY (Team of the Year) Decided?
The ballots submitted by the above-mentioned group will account for 60% of the final vote. The remaining 40% of the votes will be cast by EA Sports. The final TOTY then will be decided based on the votes from EA Sports and non-EA-Sports voters.
FIFA 20 Ultimate Team New Modes
Two new sub-modes, namely King of the Hill and Mystery Ball, have been incorporated in FIFA 20 Ultimate Team. In Mystery Ball, the attacking side receive boosts to passing, shooting, dribbling, speed or all attributes, making it more difficult to defend.
In King of the Hill, players should fight for possession in a randomly generated zone on the pitch to boost the amount the next goal is worth. FIFA 20 Ultimate Team also includes a new dedicated kit supporting Premier League's no room for racism campaign.
Starting with Your FIFA 20 Ultimate Team
At the start of FIFA 20 Ultimate Team, you'll be asked to pick a nationality; after you do so, you’ll be given a chance to select your Ultimate Team players from the players of that nation. The choice is completely yours! But some nations have better players altogether like Italy, Germany, France and Spain.
You can have one Gold Player in your team in each of defensive, attacking and midfielder roles, at the start of the game. The nations mentioned above have quality non-rare gold players to build a cheap squad from.
Picking a Loan Player
After you’re done with choosing players for your squad, you’ll go to the next stage: Picking a loan player, which thoroughly depends on your strategies and tactics as a manager.
Is he a best or average-rated player? In how many games is he going to play for your team? The choice is yours and you can have your loan player in any of the defensive, attacking, midfielder and goalkeeper roles.
Next is choosing your kit and badge and head for objectives! It is highly recommended that you complete objectives since it’s a great way to get free packs, cards, and coins that in turn, could help you build a better squad.
Some of these objectives are very simple to do like changing formation, getting perfect chemistry links, playing the team of the week, and so on.
Chemistry is What Matters!
If you've played FIFA Ultimate Team before, you should probably know what Chemistry means and how it works. Chemistry is actually the rating that concerns a player’s performance within the team and not as an individual. Chemistry defines how your players are linked to each other on the field, so it’s a counting factor, especially early in the game, when your players usually have not high stats.
The higher the Chemistry rating is, the better your players cooperate with each other. You can increase Chemistry by choosing players from the same nation, the same league, and the same team, and assigning them the roles they are best fitted into. You'll also receive one bonus chemistry point for every player that is of the same nationality and league as your manager.
You will also gain bonus chemistry points for having loyalty bonus, which is awarded to any player who have played 10 games for the club. Note that there are two types of Chemistry in FIFA Ultimate Team: Player Chemistry and Team Chemistry.
By now, you surely know about the former; the only thing to add is that it ranges from 0 to 10; the higher this number is, the better a player is fitted to his team. The latter, however, ranges from 0 to 100, though 110 is also reachable! Team Chemistry is an average of the total chemistries of a team players, and when high, can lift the players’ stats by 25%.
Not a separate concept, Links actually show how good the chemistry of your team is and how well your players are connected. There are four types of links, categorized by their color: Red links, yellow links, green links, and perfect-green links. A red link is the poorest link and shows that the two players have nothing in common, be it league, club or nationality.
A yellow link shows that there is some kind of connection between the two players; when two players are from the same league or nationality, they are yellow-linked. If two players share two in the league-club-nationality trinity, the link between them will be green, and finally perfect green link happens when two players share whole the trinity.
If two players have a perfect green link, their link color will stay green and their chemistries are not affected, even if they have two red links with two other players. If there is great chemistry in a team, one red link will not affect the overall chemistry, however, if you have one yellow and one red link to any player in your team, that will affect that player’s individual chemistry.