logo

Marotta provides update on Inter’s interest in Bellerin and Telles

Sun 18 July 2021 | 7:31

The Nerazzurri chief opens the door to the club’s potential summer moves for the two Premier League full-backs.

Inter

are interested in bolstering their backline ahead of the next season. The Nerazzurri sold their highly-rated right-back,

Achraf Hakimi

, to PSG earlier this month, which has left them searching to find a suitable replacement for the Moroccan. The club’s CEO

Beppe Marotta

confirms their interest in signing Arsenal’s

Hector Bellerin

.

“His is a name that is mentioned by you, there’s our interest, but I won’t go any further, because he’s not our player."

Marotta told

Sky Italia.

Asked about Inter’s potential interest in making a bid for Manchester United's

Alex Telles

, Marotta responded: “

I won’t rule out anything, but at the moment we are focusing on evaluating all the opportunities without the haste of having to close this or that operation.”

Bellerin’s current contract at the Etihad Stadium runs until 2023. In addition to Inter, PSG and Barcelona have also been linked with the Spanish full-back. On the other hand, Telles has been mainly used as Luke Shaw’s back-up in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's squad. However, the former Porto defender says he is determined to display his best form for the Red Devils.

"It’s a pleasure to be at Manchester United coming into my second season,"

Telles told the club's official

website

on Saturday.

"Last season, we came really close to winning trophies, so we go into this next season with a lot of desire and I really want to show my work and my value here at the club."

Inter will face Arsenal in a pre-season friendly next Monday. The Nerazzurri will start their 2021-22 campaign with a match against Genoa on August 22. 


source: SportMob