Josep Maria Bartomeu isn't standing down at Barcelona, however, he expects the disapproval poll to occur this at the end of the week.
A movement against the officeholder president passed the minimum with 16,250 votes on October 8, pushing theFCB
's committee to mark the calendar for a toll.
and the board held a meeting at Camp Nou on Monday, it was expected for the president to resign at once to prevent the risks of holding a referendum due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Spain as of late announced another highly sensitive situation because of the expansion in new COVID-19 cases the nation over, which has recorded more than a 1.15million diseases.
Bartomeu says the board is anticipating a choice from Barcelona's local government to decide if it will be sheltered to hold the no-certainty vote at
, with their proposition for an extra postponement having been denied.
"We put adequate mechanisms in place for the vote of no confidence, proposing November 1 and 2 in 13 locations in Catalonia," he told reporters on Monday.
"Last Thursday, our request to have 15 days to make the vote as universal as possible was not respected. The Generalitat [the government of Catalonia] did not accept to do it on November 15 and 16 in a decentralized way.
"[On Sunday], the prime minister [Pedro Sanchez] decreed a state of alarm and a curfew, establishing meetings of a maximum of six people, and Catalonia decreed a night-time curfew. We sent a letter to the Generalitat asking how we could guarantee the vote of members of over 65 and how we could guarantee the health of the 300 workers.
"We know that we live in serious situations that require exceptional measures; they are incompatible with partisan positions. We have decided that we will meet again when we have the answers.
"Regarding the vote of no confidence, we are waiting for a response from the Generalitat to know if the health situation is maintained so the vote can be held on November 1 and 2.
"We have always wanted a decentralized vote, in various venues so that as many members as possible vote, so we asked for 15 more days, but last Thursday we were told that it would be November 1 and 2. We don't have time and if the vote is centralized at Camp Nou on November 1 and 2, it will have to be done with an adequate health protocol."
DISCLAIMER! Sportmob does not claim ownership of any of the pictures posted on this website. Again, we do not host pictures or videos ourselves. Our authors merely link to the rightful owner. Lastly, Sportmob have carefully considered and reviewed all of its content. Despite that, it is possible that some information might be out-dated or incomplete.